What is new in 7.0 syntax?¶
With MICRESS® version 7.000, the parameter ordering of the driving file changes to make sections more logical and comprehensive. MICpad contains a tool to assist in converting older driving files to the new syntax ( see MICpad Syntax Conversion).
- The old
Flagssection is replaced by a model specification section which allows to specify type of coupling and thermal conditions, e.g. latent heat or 1D temperature field. This section is followed by a boundary section to to complete the basic characteristics of the simulation.
- A new section 'Database' allows the to specify the needed GES5 file in the very beginning. This information will already be used to ease the input of components and phases later on.
- The alloy and considered phases will be specified in the new sections 'Components' and 'Phases'.
- 'Phase properties' (formerly 'Phase data') are enriched with per phase data which is used in flow or stress calculations.
- The sections 'Phase interactions' and 'Phase diagrams' are merged.
- The new section 'Initial Microstructure' contains the grain input, e.g. deterministic or from file, and the option to read this microstructure from a restart file.
- The new section 'Process Conditions' contains temperature trend, 1D far field options, moving frame, etc.
- Kind and time of outputs are merged in the new section 'Output'
- The 'Numerical Parameters' section contains a sub section for each type of solver. E.g. the type of potential is a parameter for the phase-field solver, the list of stoichiometric phases/components can be found in the concentration solver part.